Haywire Now Open
For a true taste of Texas, look no further than Haywire, the latest and greatest new restaurant to open its doors at Legacy West. At Haywire, you can enjoy the true Texas experience with an urban refresh featuring heritage recipes made with modern Texas-sourced ingredients.
Atmosphere is always important to any great dining establishment and at Haywire, you will see inspiration drawn from the unique style of Marfa, Texas spread out over three floors, each offering a distinct experience. On the first floor, you can kick back with a handcrafted cocktail in the whiskey lounge. On level two, enjoy a Wagyu Tomahawk ribeye with a glass of bold red wine. And on the rooftop patio, chill out with friends while you sip on a cold local beer or Cadillac margarita.
Haywire will kick off a 10-day grand opening celebration that starts on Wednesday, November 29 at 5:30p with a Grand Opening Sabering Event. Here is a complete list of festivities:
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 5:30p-7p: Grand opening sabering event featuring Tattinger on the first-floor patio. Take part in the celebration as the restaurants’ leaders wield large steel sabers to expertly lop the necks off bottles of fine champagne, then take a guided tour through all three floors of this incredible building.
- Thursday, Nov. 30, 5:30p-7p: Boots and Bubbles wine and cheese event. Janet Trefethen, principal of Trefethen Family Vineyards, will be pouring her award-winning wines – paired with Haywire’s delicious, locally sourced meat and cheese boards – in the Private Dining Room.
- Friday, Dec. 1, 7p-9p: Whiskey Tasting. Haywire’s whiskey experts will explain the intricacies of the spirit while offering tastings in the one-of-a-kind whiskey lounge. The lounge stocks more than 400 brands, including the best Texas has to offer. House of Cigars will likewise be on-site rolling handmade cigars for guests.
- Saturday, Dec. 2, 6p-8p: Don Julio 1942 Party featuring craft cocktails on the third-floor rooftop patio bar and in the Airstream trailer. Yes, you read that right – there’s an Airstream trailer on the roof so guests can relax with a signature cocktail, a cold local craft brew or a fine bourbon under the stars.
- Sunday, Dec. 3, 6p-8p: Half-off wine nights begin. Haywire is wine lovers’ new Sunday destination as the restaurant offers half-priced bottles of over 100 labels on its impressive wine list every Sunday night. The series kicks off at a special time on Dec. 3 before settling in for its regular 4p start on Dec. 10.
* Monday, Dec. 4, through Friday, Dec. 8, from 4p-7p: Happy Hour, featuring Haywire’s handcrafted specialty cocktails and signature drinks at each bar. An array of vendors will be stationed on every floor offering booze and bites to guests.